By Courtney DiFiore
I’ve heard people say something to the effect of “look at life through the windshield, not through the rearview mirror” and I understand the concept; we should look forward instead of wasting a moment on the past. However, when New Year’s rolls around, I can’t help but look back. I like to reminisce about the year I’ve had and reassess my goals, where I’m headed, who’s in my life and so on.
This year, I made a list of all my intentions for 2014. I’ll keep this list posted by my bedside, the bathroom, my office, the kitchen, my car and probably more places I’ve yet to think of so I’m constantly reminded of my goals.
Courtney’s New Year Intentions:
- Kick the bad habits and replace them with healthier ones (examples below)
- Eat fruit instead of sour patch kids for some sugar
- Drink more water, even though it means more trips to the bathroom
- Work out in the morning instead of after work…them maybe it’ll actually happen!
- Make healthier choices starting with joining the Be. Lifestyle Challenge (check!)
- Read a book a month
- Do something for someone else every day
- Travel somewhere new
- Be a better sister, daughter and friend J
- Write more…it’s relaxing
- Practice yoga…once a week to start will be an accomplishment
- Slow down and enjoy the moment. I’m usually in a rush.
What’s on your list? Share your intentions, resolutions, and goals, whatever you want to call them here on the blog, socially or if you catch me on the hill you can do it in person!
Happy Early New Year Everyone!