By Charlie Reetz
There are a lot of great things that we as a skiing/snowboarding community can enjoy. Fresh powder over corduroy or vice versa is just one example. Greater luxuries include massages, fine dining or soaking yourself in a hot tub after an amazing day of skiing. This is the following list of smaller luxuries that I personally enjoy.
- The smell of fresh ground coffee. It’s not as good as an actual cup of coffee but it’s as good as opening a fresh can of tennis balls or that new car smell.
- A free drink. One time at the Green Door the bartender gave me a PBR tall boy and said it was from that man over there. I searched the room and saw my good friend Rob waving and smiling.
- Warm boots. I don’t have a state of the art boot dryer, but finding an old hair dryer hidden in the bathroom left there from your ex-girlfriend will help toast those kicks.
- Yes ladies and gentlemen I am a fan of receiving snail mail. It’s authentic, heartfelt and always puts a smile on my face.
- Discovering new music. No matter where I am there should be good music playing and if I don’t know the tune I’ll learn more about it.
- A roaring fire. Man’s most primitive discovery.