By Cassie Russo
Happy Earth Day! Ahh, spring time, we meet again.We taste fresh fruits & veggies, hear birds chirping, smell fresh flowers, touch green grass and see trees budding once again. We use all five senses every day to absorb nature’s beauty, and it is especially important to celebrate Earth Day this spring so we can keep enjoying the earth’s natural beauty.
Want a longer ski season? I’m no scientist, but I do know that every person’s actions, even small ones, make an impact on the environment. So, join us & do your part to reduce global warming, go green and most importantly have fun with our Earth Day to-do list below!
1. Pick up litter. You’d be surprised how much trash comes around after the snow melts!
2. Support local farmers. Sustainable, organic, delicious.
3. Recycle, recycle, recycle! Our goal at Stratton is to implement zero landfill resort-wide by 2017.
4. Be. energy conscious. Shut lights off when you’re not in the room & unplug chargers when not in use.
5. Bike to work! You will reduce air pollution and get a great exercise. A bit too far to bike? Carpool or take public transportation.
5. Plant a Tree. We loved skiing through them this season, so give back and plant one in your neighborhood.
6. Use a re-usable water bottle to help reduce plastic waste. You can save as many as 300 plastic water bottle from going to a landfill by using a re-usable water bottle.
7. Take a hike. Enjoy what’s in our backyard. Grab your friends and enjoy the natural things on Earth Day!
8. Educate others. Pass on your going green tips!
What’s on your to-do list this Earth Day? Share with us on Facebook!