Six Ways to Fulfill Your New Year’s Resolutions at Stratton
It’s that time of year again, some of you may be excited about turning over a new leaf, while others might see New Year’s Resolutions as more of an obstacle. As winter welcomes us to 2017 we decided to put some thought into how resolutions can bring joy in an unexpected way. Here are some of our resolutions for 2017 and how Stratton is the place to dive in and get started.
1. Digital Detox – In the age of juice cleanses and activity tracking it’s important to remember to take some time for yourself. The Green Mountains of Southern Vermont offer so much more than just snowy slopes, and you don’t need to be a skier or rider to engage in winter activities. From tubing, snowmobiling and dogsledding for the adventuresome, to yoga, music, and food for the soulful, Stratton is an invitation to engage in the present moment and enjoy time with those around you.
2. Do Things that Make You Happy – Ever wished you were back in your childhood skin, riding bikes around the neighborhood? Well now you can, and you can do it all winter long!Check out our fat tire bikes, and spin loops through our Nordic trails as you explore the winter wonderland Stratton has to offer.
3. Learn a New Skill – Skiing and riding is made easy with our expert coaches. Stratton’s Mountain Sports School offers lessons for individuals and groups ranging from beginner to expert. In our eyes, you can never be too young or too old to learn some new tricks, so get out on the slopes today and you’ll surprise yourself with how quickly you pick things up.
4. Spend on Experiences Rather then Things – Gifts don’t need to come in material form, sharing an experience with those close to you can be one of the most rewarding ways to start the New Year. At Stratton, the gift of time and adventure doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. This year exploring and doing some of your favorite activities comes with ease when you make plans in advance and take advantage of our great activity packages.
5. Earn Your Turns – Get out and get up, the mountain that is! The gym doesn’t need to be the only place you go to work out this year. Earn your turns by hiking, snowshoeing or skinning up the mountain during our open hours. The views from the top are that much sweeter when you’ve put in some work to get there. For those of you less excited about navigating the slopes, the gondola is always available for the trip back down the mountain.
6. Expand Your Circle – The sense of community at Stratton is part of what keeps folks coming back year after year. Our ski and ride camps, designed specifically for women, foster this sense of camaraderie and inspiration. Build your confidence while meeting like-minded women through our Women on Snow ski camp and Burton Girls Time Out snowboard camp, taking place three various weekends this season.
About The Author:
Libby Dalziel | With the mountains calling and her passion for adventure, the perfect storm swept Libby off to Vermont, and she hasn’t looked back. After earning her degree in Economics and Communication from Denison University, the New Jersey native made her way back east where she now calls Stratton home. Libby has always strived to live her life outside, and as an avid snowboarder, road cyclist, hiker, swimmer, and photographer you will never find her sitting still.