Why Rent at Stratton?
Looking for ski rentals in Vermont? Here at Stratton, we’ve got the latest skis, boards and boots from Rossignol and Burton. From the newest rider to the most aggressive skier, there are over 20 different ski and snowboard models to choose from, including something for the little ones. All rental packages include skis, boots, poles, and helmets; or snowboard, bindings, boots and helmet. Free overnight storage, complimentary bag check, a fresh base wax, and the opportunity to switch between ski and snowboard equipment for the duration of your rental are all built into our package price.
How To Rent Skis In Vermont
Let’s start with some ski rental 101:
All Daily Ski Rental Packages Include
- Rossignol skis
- Rossignol boots
- Free overnight storage
Can I Rent Ski Clothes?
Stratton does not rent ski clothes. However, you can find all the ski and snowboard gear you could need just steps from Village Rentals. Check out Stratton Sports, First Run, Head Case, Burton, The North Face or Syd & Dusty’s, all located conveniently in the Village. Here are a few items we do not rent but do recommend you wear on the slopes:
- Snow pants
- Boot socks
- Warm layers and a waterproof jacket
- Hand and/or toe warmers
- Gloves (and glove liners)
- Face mask and/or neck gaiter
First, determine your Skier Type:
• Type 1 – Cautious skiing on smooth slopes of gentle to moderate pitch (beginner)
• Type 2 – Moderately skiing on slopes of all variety of pitch (intermediate)
• Type 3 – Fast skiing on slopes of moderate to steep pitch (advanced)
Next, there are two different ways you can rent your gear: online or in-person
What You Should Know About Renting Online:
- This method reserves your gear as we do have a limited inventory of rental equipment.
- You must book two days in advance if you’d like your gear to be ready when you arrive.
- This method allows you to pay online.
- This method allows for expedited pick-up, which is outlined below in the ‘picking up your online rentals’ section.
How to Rent Online
- Click here for gear and equipment rentals only.
- After you check out, a window will pop up asking you to enter sizing information that way the rental team can process your reservation and have your specific gear ready to go as soon as you arrive.
Picking Up Your Online Rentals
- If you reserve your equipment online two days in advance, you can skip ‘step one’ when you arrive at Village Rentals, and go directly to the cashiers. Then, they will direct you to ‘step four’ where you pick up your gear, which will already be set aside with your name on it. Keep in mind you can always swap out sizes if needed.
What You Should Know About Renting In-Person/Day-Of:
- This method of renting ski gear allows you to rent day-of/last minute, while supplies last.
- This method also allows you to pay in-person. So if you’d like to pay with cash, you can.
How to Rent In-Person/Day-Of:
- Start at either Village Rentals (located in the courtyard near the Village and Main Base Lodge) or Sun Bowl Rentals (located in the Sun Bowl Lodge).
- Follow the signs, beginning at ‘Step One’, which will walk you through the entire process from selecting your ski rental package(s) to fitting you for the perfect sized gear.
Ski Rental Locations
All of these locations are open from 8am-5pm Monday-Sunday. Wherever you choose to rent your gear is where you’ll need to return it. If you reserve your gear online, you must come to Village Rentals to pick it up, not Sun Bowl Rentals.
Village Rentals – Located in the courtyard, this is where you’ll go if you pre-booked your rentals online. This is also one of the locations where you can rent gear day-of.
Rossignol Experience Center – Connected to Village Rentals, this is where you’ll go to pick up your ski equipment once you’re done at Village Rentals.
Sun Bowl Rentals – The Sun Bowl rental center has everything you need to rent day-of if you’re starting your day in the Sun Bowl parking area/lodge.
What Size Skis Should I Rent
What length of skis should I rent?
Your ski size is dependent on your boot size. Ski boot sizing is not the same as regular shoe sizing. Our rental team can help you choose the right size boot. Or, you can use the sizing chart below to help you figure it out in advance. Be sure to try on your rental boots and test out their fit before hitting the slopes. You can always trade them out for a different size, even if you reserved them online in advance. Our rental team will match a pair of skis to your boot size.
Ski Boot Sizing Chart
Ski boot sizing is not the same as normal shoe sizing. Use this chart to convert your shoe size to your ski boot size. Be sure to try on your rental boots as sizing may vary.
|Ladies Shoe Size||Youth/Men’s Shoe Size||Ski Boot Size Equivalent|
Ski Rental Pricing
How much does it cost to rent skis for a day?
|Ski Rental Package||Adult 18+||Teen 13-17||Child 7-12||4 & Under|
|Sport – Ski OnlyBeginner/Intermediate||$52||$42||$32||$22|
|Performance – Ski OnlyIntermediate/Advanced||$62||$52|
Now that you’ve got all the gear you need, consider taking a lesson! From the first time skier or rider to those looking to improve their mogul technique or freestyle ability, Stratton’s Mountain Sports School has a level of instruction catered to every ability level. Click here for more information or to book your lessons today.
Group Rental Rates Are AvailableGroup rates are available for visits of 20 or more people. Lift tickets, lessons, rentals, races, events and other activities can all be prearranged in advance of your visit to Stratton Mountain. Click here to contact Group Sales.